Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Fun and Finished Project!



This weekend was the exotic car show in downtown Sarasota. They called it a "Great Gatsby" show but really there were only a few cars that were Gatsbyesque. Most of them were expensive sports cars but they were fun to look at anyway and it was a free event - and who doesn't like free events? Oh and The Mystery Machine was there! Those meddling kids...





After the car show and a few errands I was able to spend a lot of time with my sewing machine. I started this mini quilt called Dwell by Thimble Blossoms a few weeks ago and it was so fun to pick out fabrics for each little block and watch it all come together. I used a lot of fabric from the Scrumptious line by Bonnie and Camille for Moda. I love that line - so cute! Now I have scraps too :) While I was putting it together I took pictures and posted them to Instagram with the #dwellalong hashtag and I was able to follow along and see other people's come together too. The designer herself, Camille Roskelley, "liked" mine and I felt giddy and a bit like a teenage fan girl when I saw that….

I misread the directions for the chimney at first so a couple of them turned out wonky and I had to make new ones. I will use those in a smaller one for a friend. They are all the same but just didn't match the size of the other ones so I even thought about making mug rugs out of the orphan blocks. There are enough to do a mini-mini wall hanging though so it will be a little gifty for a sweet friend. I may go back and do another mini quilt because they are a little addicting! 






It is far from perfect but it turned out pretty cute just the same! Maybe I will hang it up in my Real Estate office. It suits it perfectly!







2 comments:

  1. sew cute. I love little houses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do too! Maybe I will do a "beach" themed one...

      Delete